Star Clinic is a trading name of Star Clinic Limited. This privacy notice explains how we use any personal data we collect about you when we are providing services to you.
- The personal information you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to communicate with you in connection with your application, CQC or other regulator registration needs;
- to provide the services requested under our agreement with you;
- for analytical or statistical processes;
- to assist in the development or improvement of service delivery;
- to manage your application with the CQC;
- management or investigation of complaints and clinical performance concerns;
- to inform you of important information relating to appraisal, revalidation or registration of any doctors connected to your organisation.
- to make decisions in relation to appraisal and revalidation recommendations; and
- to monitor compliance with statutory requirements in relation to your organisation.
- Your information is processed in order to fulfil the terms of our agreement with you.
- Some special category personal data (sensitive personal data) may be held or processed under our agreement.
- We may share some or all of the information we hold about you with other organisations as permitted under our agreement with you or as required by law these may include:
- organisations who collect or process data for us to facilitate managing your application
- regulators including the General Medical Council, Care Quality Commission or NHS England
We may also process personal data relating to you which we receive from these and other organisations in the ways stated in 1 above and for the lawful purposes stated in 2 above.
- We keep your personal data for no longer that reasonably necessary, for a period of 6 years after termination of agreement with us in case of complaints, regulatory concerns or safeguarding issues.
- Your rights and your personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the LCS Healthcare Ltd holds about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (but – only if consent is relied upon as a processing condition);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (But – this only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- We do not undertake any automated decision making in relation to your personal information.
- Data storage and backup – your personal data is stored in electronic format within the EU in password-protected computer programs. Access to the information is restricted to persons who have a need to have access. Information may be backed up in the encrypted form to servers out with the EU but only where the organisations are GDPR compliant.